Yes, some of this information is a repeat from the You Can Make A Difference! page, and for that I apologize. I just want to be certain you are aware of certain things.
- When writing one’s story, a person must be careful to avoid libel. Libel is something derogatory written about another person to damage their reputation. To protect yourself, I strongly recommend using an alias not only for yourself but those in your story as well. I also recommend stating things in a matter of fact way. Doing these things proves you are simply telling a story, rather than trying to ruin a person’s reputation.
- I will leave your story in your voice as much as humanly possible. That being said, I will correct grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors. I also will change wording if yours is difficult to understand. The story must be easy to read with correct spelling, grammar, etc., so if writing is not your strength, I reserve the right to make corrections.
- You will receive acknowledgement as the author of your story, using the name you provide me. Remember, I encourage you to use an alias.
- This project is not for profit. That means I will receive no compensation for it, and neither will you for your contribution. The goal of this ebook is not to make money, but only to offer encouragement to those in need.
- I recommend you print this page or bookmark it for future reference.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email me at CynthiaBaileyRug@aol.com